- The constitutional validity of Section 66A of the Information Techonology Act, 2000 is being challenged before the Madras High Court as reported here and here.
- In a welcome move the Union Cabinet has rejected the proposed amendments to the Right to Information Act, 2005, which would have narrowed the scope of the act.
- An excellent interview of Justice Katju by Madhu Trehan about the ills of the Indian Media and the debated reform of the Press Council of India
- A respectable apology by the Readers Editor at The Hindu about certain mistakes in the reporting the recent incidents at NLSIU.
- Zee News and Naveen Jindal seem to be involved in a defamation war against each other, with claims being in excess of 200 Crores.
- Justice Cyriac Joseph has been appointed as the new chairman for the TDSAT, and will take charge from Justice Sinha as reported here and here.
- Competition Commission allows Kumar Mangalam Birla to acquire 27.5% stake in Living Media Ltd, which is the holding company for various media outlets including India Today.